We built Tiles so that you won’t need to spend days building every feature and architecture of your app. Use tiles to build seamless and unique user experiences for your mobile app in a few minutes.
What are Tiles?
Tiles are the building blocks of your mobile app on Apptile. This self-serve feature can be used to construct your own unique page experience with ease by simply editing the content and design fields based on your brand preference. From product carousel & collections to image banners and videos, you can customise and rearrange our pre-configured tiles to no end. It’s also important to note that every page you create using Apptile is composed of several tiles, and those pages together constitute your mobile app.
The best part? You can use an unlimited number of tiles to build a truly unique branded app experience for your customers - all accessible within our free plan. While the Plus and Enterprise plans come packed with more enhanced capabilities like auto implemented brand controls and custom tiles. Check out our pricing plans to know more.
Different types of tiles you can leverage on Apptile
With smart tiles, you don't need to be a coding expert to create cutting-edge apps powered with advanced functionalities. Consider a tile as a pre-configured drag and drop feature that you can add to your app page experience without needing to code anything. You can use Smart tiles to add a wide range of features to your app, such as quizzes, predictive analytics, recommendation engines, or natural language processing.
Tiles can be things like product carousels, collections grid or video banners. Just select the tile you want to use, fill in some fields to customise it to fit your needs, and add it to your app.
An integration tile, as the name suggests, is simply the tile that is supported by a specific integration. It's a pre-built piece of functionality that enables you to integrate various external services, such as automation tools, payment gateways, and loyalty platforms into your app without any setup. For instance, if you have enabled the Stamped integration, you’d be able to use an integrated tile showcasing your product reviews and ratings exported from Stamped. You can simply drag and drop the integration tile into your page experience, and we will handle the rest for you.
At Apptile, we offer an extensive library of powerful integrations that you can use to connect your app with and the list is only growing. Click here to know more about integrations.
Important Note: Integrated tiles are only enabled for users who have already connected the specific integration within their mobile apps via the ‘Integrations’ section.
Learn how to use and edit tiles within your mobile app:
1. Go to Dashboard > Your Design. Next, click on Tiles.
2. At the top, you can select the tile category you’d like to proceed with.
3. Now, you will see a wide range of pre configured and ready-to-use tiles. To get started, choose the tiles that are suitable for your brand's needs. For instance, if you’ve selected the Product category, simply drag and drop your favourite product tile on your app page.
4. On the right panel, you will find the content and design editor where you can edit text, add images or CTAs, and make brand design related adjustments as you wish.
Note: You can also further adjust the font color, CTA color, and even the background color of certain tiles that are eligible.
5. Once you make the required edits, feel free to review your tile by clicking on the ‘preview’ button at the top of the right navigation bar.
6. If all seems fine, you can simply click on the ‘Save’ button to make the tile live and running on your app.
7. At any point during editing the tile, if you wish to delete it and start afresh again, you can do so by clicking on the ‘Delete’ button at the bottom.
Read Next: Getting started with Pages
You may come across different customization and field options available in both content and style for different tiles depending on the tile capabilities.
In case you refresh the page while editing the tiles, all the changes will be gone. You must click on ‘Save’ to apply edits and changes.
You will find the integration tiles visible on the left discovery panel with the name of the respective integration app written on it. If the integration is not connected, the panel would be in a disabled state. If it is connected, it would be in an active and readily available state like other tiles.
If you require any further assistance or have additional questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. Our team is always here to help, write to us at [email protected] and our experts will get back to you.