What is Google Analytics 4?
Google Analytics 4 (GA4) is an analytics service that enables you to measure traffic and engagement across your websites and mobile apps. This documentation provides implementation instructions and reference materials to activate your GA4 integration.
Why Google Analytics 4 + Apptile ?
Integrating GA4 into your Apptile powered mobile app helps unlock the full potential of data-driven decision-making. GA4 is designed for the future of measurement:
Collects both website and app data to better understand the customer journey
Uses event-based data instead of session-based
Includes privacy controls such as cookieless measurement, and behavioral and conversion modeling
Predictive capabilities offer guidance without complex models
Direct integrations to media platforms help drive actions on your website or app
Google Analytics 4 provides comprehensive app analytics that give you deep insights into user behavior, engagement, and conversion rates. Understand user demographics, track conversion funnels, and identify areas for improvement with ease. Make informed decisions and unlock new opportunities for growth today!
How to Connect GA4 + Apptile?
The integration can be used by any Apptile customer with a Google Analytics account. To activate it, you just need the API key from GA4 and contact us from your dashboard via the chat widget. Follow these steps:
1. Go to your Firebase account. Within the Analytics section on the left, click on Dashboard. Then please click the "View more in Google Analytics" on the right hand side of the page. This will open up your linked GA4 account.
2. Once you have opened up the Google Analytics account, select "Admin" from the bottom left and then click on "Data Streams".
3. Within "Data Streams", you will notice two apps for Android and iOS - click on either of them to navigate to the next page.
4. An "App stream details" section will open up. Scroll towards the bottom page of the page and look for "Measurement Protocol API secrets". Please click here.
5. Click on "Create", enter a "Nickname" such as "ApptileMobileKey" and press "Create"
6. This will generate a new API key on your account. Please copy the Secret value and share with us via chat or at [email protected]. Your GA4 integration will be activated within 24-48 hours.
If you require any further assistance or have additional questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. Our team is always here to help, write to us at [email protected] and our experts will get back to you.